Welcome to the Covid Compliant Primary Schools Glider Challenge
The Glider Challenge offers primary schools a unique opportunity to begin to engage students ages 9 to 11 with STEM subjects.
The challenge is designed to engage as many young people as possible with an authentic Science, Mathematics and Engineering challenge. The challenge and supporting curriculum resources were devised to help equip students with the skills, knowledge and experience that they will need to embrace and tackle the global opportunities and challenges of tomorrow.
The project is fully resourced with lesson plans, printables and activity guides made freely available online on the Dendrite Education Community.
For the challenge engagement fee the school will receive
- 2 or 4 packs of 10 x A3 5mm foam sheets (depending on selection of individual learner or team of 2 class box)
- standard launcher design and 1 metre of elasticated rope
- 1 x Slice finger friendly ceramic blade knife (if you wish to purchase a class pack of 30 Finger friendly knifes please email email@example.com )
- all teaching materials to support the challenge
- a school STEM collaboration area on Dendrite.me
Once your registration purchase is complete you will be invited to join the competition. Simply follow the instructions to complete your registration.
The team with the best flying glider will be invited to represent their school at the virtual finals event in 2021.
Additional foam boards for prototyping and such are also available for purchase here.